Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Some sleep improvement

I've been sleeping an awful lot lately, and I seem to take it a bit too seriously.. sort of.. I mean, I don't have to get up at any time, other than my own specified 'I want to get up now'-time, so I don't understand why I am being so fuzzy at night about bed time.
I might be a bit concerned about Bjarke, because he has to go to school at 8.25 every day, and that might be why I get tired early. I get up about 10 or 11 am, so I needn't to go to bed too early. *sigh*
So after some lurking on facebook, I ran into a random comment about sleep, and someone had posted a link to an article about becoming an early riser in Steve Pavlina's blog in response. I red it and became very inspired to try and become one. Well, I've only just read the post today, so I'll have to start trying from tomorrow.
So I'm basically just going to go to bed when I'm tired, and then get up every morning, say, around 6 o'clock.
It seems pretty unnatural, because I've always been a "night raven", and I always get creative during the late hours. So it'll definitely be a challenge for me.
I sent the article to Bjarke, and he read it enthusiastically, and went on reading about 'polyphasic sleeping', and he's going to try that out. If he succeeds and keeps being healthy and stuff, I might try it out as well. :)
The 'polyphasic sleeping' is about only having to sleep 2-3 hours every 24 hours, spread out on 6-7 naps every 3-4 hours. And each nap shouldn't be more than 30 minutes.
Steve Pavlina has had some pretty amazing results, and I must admit it is tempting to try. But I think I'll do some disciplinary foot-work first by learning to get up every morning at a specific time. Then I might consider the other. :) Because I find it really really intriguing that you have like 21-22 hours every day you can use, rather than just my normal 14-15 hours or so (I sleep much). And I always complain about how little time we have...
I'm starting to convince myself to try it.... but I think I'll just stick with the early riser-thing for now. :) I'll wait and see how Bjarke holds up. He's taking a nap right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment