Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Shirt Inspired By Knitted Neckwarmer

A couple of weeks ago I knitted a neckwarmer (I know it's not really season yet, but I just needed a small project, that I could finish pretty quickly). The pattern came from an Etsy Shop - Although it was free. :) The link is:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/18297293/pif-victorian-neckwarmer-knitting
And I really really liked the outcome! :) And that neckwarmer was the first piece of knitting I ever blocked, and the effect was amazing! :) I'm definitely blocking when I can!
I used my iron with steam and it worked really well.

Here's a picture of it.
I'm using it this winter - it's so pretty! :)

I really liked the button part, which I decided should be at the side, and I laid awake one early early morning and thought of a design for a shirt - I only knew that it should have buttons at the neck like this neckwarmer. But unfortunately I have a pretty... um... big chest, and turtlenecks don't look good on me. So I figured that I could make a faux neckline, and still get a tutleneck shirt with buttons and all. Yay, And here's what came to be:


I think I'll be wearing that shirt alot. :)

I've been working with my 'blogspace' as Violet from VioletLeBeaux.com calls it. I've put fabric around the mini table that my screen rests on, and made a note board'ish thing with fabric, lace and plastic gems. It's really pretty ;P
I've just been doing TONS of stuff today, so it's pretty late now - just thought I'd start sharing. I've been taking a lot of pictures of my new creations that I'd like to show you, but I think I'll wit till I finish my blogspace, so I can show some 'Before/After' pictures. Yay.. It nice getting things done! And I haven't cried today - which is a good thing I suppose.

Uuh, I also finished a skirt today. :) And made cookies... and cleaned the house, and washed the dishes. :) Yes, I've been a busy bee. Aah, I can sleep soundly in a couple of minutes... mmm :)

Goodnight for now - I'll be back tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment