Friday, April 23, 2010

Graham Coxon

Graham Coxon is one of my biggest heroes. It's weird really, but it's true.

As I've mnentioned before, I come from Greenland, and you haven't got many opportunities there, unfortunately. But one time, in 1998, I think it was... or 1997... I don't remember.... a couple of years back, Blur came to Nuuk, the capital of Greenland to play a gig. I don't think I had ever been to a concert before in my life, and I was awestruck by these gorgeously British gentlemen, that I had to just own all their music and create an altar of posters at home (I was a teenager then, so it was ok... ;P).

And because of blur I wanted to play music myself, so I picked up the guitar and started practising - I've never become really good though, because I don't have the discipline to keep practising. But I started playing music, played a bit in a band or two, went to music school, and started studying music at the University in Aalborg, Denmark. I mean - it came from that time, where these four gentlemen came and visited Greenland. They planted a musical seed in me, which came a pretty long way, I must say. :)

It's a pity they're not really together any more, and it sort of bothers me that I didn't get to see them at one of their reunion gigs.... Luckily that Damon and Graham are still having a musical life, YAY! I am (hopefully) to see Gorillaz at Roskilde Festival this year! And I'm definitely hoping to see more of Graham Coxon when (if) he starts touring again.

Anyway... more blabber - it's really nice. I feel like I'm talking to a friend here, and I can just talk and talk and talk without my friend getting tired of me talking. In real life I'm a really quiet person, so I guess I just have a lot to say, when I finally have the chance. :) The good thing is, that you can just stop reading if you thinks it's boring - but I can just keep writing and writing and writing... Hooray for blogging!

Right - what I really wanted with this post was to share video - since I am completely and utterly in love with Graham and his music, I'd like to share one of his songs from his latest album: The Spinning Top' with you: In The Morning

0 comments:

Post a Comment